Learning is the most celebrated neglected activity in the workplace

When I am invited to “teach leadership” to managers in corporations, I use the first few minutes to address the issue of where and how one learns to lead—and what gets in the way. I usually begin with a confession and a question.

 

Curated from hbr.org

To quote: ‘A class, a reading, a difficult conversation with a colleague, may take 1% of our time. And yet they may radically alter how we approach the other 99%, raising questions that jolt us into new things from everyday experiences. A challenging assignment, conversely, may take most of our time and yield little new insights.’ A great piece on what learning really means – and it is not 70:20:10.

Speak Your Mind

*