The #2017 workplace learning report shows that of the 500 L&D professionals surveyed most depend on qualitative feedback from attendees or satisfaction surveys to measure impact (see below).
The research also shows that in-house instructor-led classes are the number one training method used by 78% of L&D professionals. This is followed by peer-to-peer coaching (61%) and online learning (58%).
The reports says that, “Elearning is becoming a new tool in the L&D tool belt to complement in-person training.”
The report authors suggest five strategies to succeed in the future. They are:
- Don’t just take orders. Identify real training needs
- Deliver modern learning experiences to meet expectations from modern learners
- Develop a tightly executed communication plan
- Report value to the individual and the business
- Build a culture of learning, one that rewards growth.
Read the report in full Workplace Learning Report