Editor’s note: Fosway Group, in partnership with Bridge, has produced some interesting research on employee development, looking at what it means for employees and employers. For employees, development is important for job satisfaction first and foremost. And on the job training is the preferred way to receive it. Employee development is an important factor when considering a new role. There’s lots of good stuff in here . . .
- “Both/And” Leadership
- Five of the best workplace learning theories
- The principles of Learning Design
- How has Covid-19 Impacted L&D?
- Third of workers lack confidence in their ability to seek new careers, report finds
- Using the Power of Diverse Thinking to Improve Your Meetings
- Ideas that will shake you: Three cheers for the DDOs
- Why is L&D still not aligning upskilling and reskilling programmes with business needs?