Editor’s note: After an interesting #ldinsight Twitter chat on L&D theories, I thought this would be a good share. It would seem that L&D holds on to ‘theories’ that have little evidence base. Whether or not NLP has worked for you, your colleagues, your customers, the profession needs to be aware of its efficacy.
- “Both/And” Leadership
- Five of the best workplace learning theories
- The principles of Learning Design
- How has Covid-19 Impacted L&D?
- Third of workers lack confidence in their ability to seek new careers, report finds
- Using the Power of Diverse Thinking to Improve Your Meetings
- Ideas that will shake you: Three cheers for the DDOs
- Why is L&D still not aligning upskilling and reskilling programmes with business needs?