Editor’s note: Fascinating insights into designing a learning experience through an app – in this case Primer, a mobile app that helps people learn digital marketing concepts in 5 minutes or less.
Editor’s note: Now here’s a thing. We probably all think we know how we learn, but do we? This article looks at 10 ways of learning and assesses how effective they are. If evidence challenges some of our legacy thinking on learning then is it time to change what we do?
UPDATE: Sukh Pabial and Andrew Jacobs have both written on this topic, so please go…
Editor’s note: This is this week’s challenge to the ‘way we do things’ article. If you are highlighting text for learning, then don’t bother – it is not how we learn.
Editor’s note: To quote: ‘A class, a reading, a difficult conversation with a colleague, may take 1% of our time. And yet they may radically alter how we approach the other 99%, raising questions that jolt us into learning new things from everyday experiences. A challenging assignment, conversely, may take most of our time and yield little new insights.’ A great piece on what learning really means – and it is not 70:20:10.
Editor’s note: Douglas Thomas, co-author of The New Culture of Learning talks through the main concepts of the book – this is a compelling vision for corporate learning (with less attention on gaming maybe).
Editor’s note: Three popular myths about how we learn debunked.
Editor’s note: This research looks at reflection on experience – or rather reflection on doing – as opposed to learning by doing and shows just how important reflection is in the learning process.
Here are our curated tweets from the Chat2lrn Twitter chat on emotion in #learning. [View…
Here are our edited tweets from today’s Chat2lrn #twitter chat on #neuroscience and #learning. Lots…
Editor’s note: Science is telling us what we know to be true about how we learn – something John Dewey outlined a century ago. But will data really help personalise the experience? Thanks to @marcoable for sharing.
Editor’s note: If you have to back up your thesis that lecturing is not the best way for people to learn then read this article and remember to cite it. Thanks to @lightbulbjo for sharing.
Editor’s note: Noam Chomsky on technology and learning. Is technology just like a hammer? It is what you do with it that matters. This interview is worth five minutes of your time . . .
In this short TEDx talk, Siemens shares his thinking on education and connectivism.
Here our my edited tweets from the chat2lrn Twitter chat on putting #technology in the…