Chairman of the Learning and Performance Institute, Donald Taylor, kicked off the Learning Live conference 2012 by asking delegates about the challenges facing L&D.
Some of the answers from delegates included . . .
- The fact that knowledge is everywhere
- Extent to which learners are in control
- Control and command moving to flatter structures
- L&D now needs to help learners find what they need, not just deliver it
- Learner expectations have changed
- Style of management has changed
- Way we learn and work has changed – faster and shorter timescales
- Undergoing a revolution in there way we work
Taylor then provided a short story, sharing his vision of the role of L&D . . .