Learning technology provider Kineo has announced it will be continuing its research into workplace learning trends and for this year’s report will be adding an international perspective.
Based on in-depth qualitative research, the report aims to uncover what helps L&D leaders to deliver successful learning solutions. The objective is to provide practical insights so that other L&D professionals can learn from each other.
Kineo says this year’s research will highlight the ten best practices one year on: what’s actually working in organisations today, what isn’t, and what changes are on the horizon. Last year’s top 10 trends were:
- Focus on improving performance still matters the most
- Support informal learning
- Formal courses are not dead, just different
- Organisations need multi-device learning solutions
- E-learning design is changing
- Experiential learning is an important part of the learning architecture
- Line managers and coaches have a critical role
- Assessment is changing
- Learner journeys need to become seamless
- Evaluation and follow-up matters
Steve Rayson, managing director of Kineo, said: “Hearing from L&D leaders who are tackling the real world challenges of working across both local and global organisations everyday is going to be invaluable. Those taking part in the research are not preaching from an ivory tower about what they think ought to be done. They are walking the walk and what’s more, they’re implementing their learning solutions successfully. We can’t wait to discover how things have moved on in 12 months and to broaden the focus of our research to a more global view.”
- The 2012 Learning Insights report is available here.