At the start of the L&D Connect Scotland Unconference participants were asked to share what they wanted to talk about throughout the day. This was the basis for the day’s discussions.
This is the list of topics.
- Whole systems change
- Coaching and the role of the manager
- OD – what’s the state of play?
- Why do organisations have to be organisations?
- Why don’t HR directors consider leadership development to be crucial to organisasations?
- Role of OD in culture and change
- Social media and how it can work in organisations
- Cultural change
- Using social media to promote learning
- Here and now of L&D versus long-term impact
- All things education and learning – time to change a system that is not working
- The future of L&D
- Social medoia/social learning/blended learning and the impact of learning technologies
- Learn, share, discuss
- Where do we all connect?
- What is true L&D? Traditional/modern
- Bridging the gap between learning and education
- The future of work
- How L&D interacts with the wider function
- Future skills in Scotland
- How we improve the impact of L&D
The topics were then distilled into themes that were discussed in a ‘world cafe’ format – 10 minute conversations on each table, note taking and then participants move to a new topic.
The themes were:
- Leadership – what about it?
- Social media use
- L&D and OD’s position in the wider organisational structure
- Change and culture change – role of L&D and OD
- Future of L&D
- Art versus science