The Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development held its annual L&D Show on 25-26 April 2018 at London’s Olympia.
The institute pulled together a blog squad made of learning and HR practitioners. This group generated much of the content listed here. We have also included other articles and reports related to the event.
This list is a work in progress so let us know if we have missed anything.
Mike Morrison’s videos
- Neuroscience for learning #cipdldshow
- Learning to inspire younger generations entering the workplace #cipdldshow
- The role of learning in creating inclusive cultures and organisations #cipdldshow
- Artificial Intelligence in learning – friend or foe? #cipdldshow
Rachel Burnham’s refections
- Sketchnotes from CIPD L&D Show 2018
- Reflections on the CIPD L&D Show 2018
- How to curate learning for performance support
- Review of the OU ‘Trends in Learning’ Report 2018
CIPD L&D Show 2018 – the walkabout videos from Training Journal
Patrick Mullarkey’s reflections
We NEED to continue borrowing from other industries. We MUST STOP this learning design for baby boomers vs Gen Y vs Gen X – people, regardless of demographic just want help doing GREAT work
The 2nd of my final batch of videos from Day 2 of the CIPD L&D Show and a mega, MEGA thank you to Fiona McBride (MSc, MCIPD) Gary Cookson and Julian Stodd for delivering an amazing end to the two days!
In this video I am talking about the session ‘Designing your workplace to encourage learning and collaboration’ with Nathan Harris from Pearson and Doreen De Bellotte Lawrence Zeegen from Ravensbourne College. Enjoy!
Moving on to the first session I was in this morning with Rachel Kay who was talking about how to enhance your L&D brand to engage learners. Some of the key thoughts below, including:
Visual facilitation from Simon Heath
View his key snippets from #cipdLDshow here.
Mike Shaw’s reflections
- A3 How to leverage learning from your mobile phone
- B1 The art of motivating – what makes inspiring managers
- Quick fire chat with Adam from ASOS about being an L&D #rebel!
- Reflections on Zoe Jackson’s talk.
Mark Hendy’s reflections
- Open University ‘Trends In Learning Report 2018’
- #cipdLDShow #A1 – Neuroscience for learning – Improving performance through memorable content
- #cipdLDShow #C1 – The Strategic Skills of the future L&D Professional
- #cipdLDShow #E2 – Developing Coaching And Mentoring Skills In Managers To Support People Performance
- #cipdLDShow overview – my four major observations
- “Conversations with magic” are needed during change
- Fish where the fish are #CIPDLD18
- CIPD L&D Show 2018: highlights from day one
- CIPD L&D Show 2018: highlights from day two
- Training Journal’s audio interview’s from the show
- What can we learn from military leadership about motivating people?
- Reflections from the CIPD L&D Show 2018 panel discussion
- Mobiles and machines: How L&D must move forward to drive performance